Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Hard Road of the Cross


I found this article while reading a blog entry on Between Two Worlds. This was a story that broke my heart and gave me joy as I read it. It made me think of my own selfishness and the pain of having to make such a hard decision.

This story is about a family who chose to adopt this baby boy, Matthew Patrick, who was born in January. Unfortunately, they found out that he had a fatal brain disease and that he would die within 4-12 months. However, they chose to adopt him anyway, knowing that it was what Christ wanted them to do and knowing they would face the pain and hardship of watching this young child die. They chose the hard road of the cross.

Little Matthew died on Sunday. His adopted parents are both sorrowful and joyful knowing that he is with Christ. Please take a moment to read this story. It'll change your view about the decisions you make concerning the easy way of the world, or the hard road of the cross. Go here to read the full story.